After six years in the biz, I’m confident I can help you fill whatever gaps you may have in your communications department, from the ground up.
My experience includes:
- Social Media Management, with a proven track record for increased engagement online and in the real world. Most notably, I drove registration for BikeWalkKC’s annual Tour de Bier fundraiser bike ride to record levels using a combination of social media (earned and paid), and newspaper ads. I accomplished this with just two months to plan and implement a content calendar, as I was hired shortly before the event took place.
- Content Creation, including original and curated social media content calendars (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest), blog posts, infographics, website copy, print ads and more.
- Document design, anything from traditional brochures to event programs, one-page flyers to multi-page annual reviews. See my online portfolio for examples.
- Event Planning and Promotion, from inception to debriefing. Most recently I worked with BikeWalkKC to launch planning for the second annual KC Women’s Bike Summit. I recruited and led a 20-member committee which eagerly got to work brainstorming, implementing and creating buzz for the summit.
- Marketing Director, What is the Point? arts initiative, London, UK (part-time)
- Interim Marketing and Communications Manager, BikeWalkKC, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
- Vice President of Communications, Downtown Neighborhood Association, Kansas City, Missouri, USA (elected, volunteer position)
- Public Affairs Coordinator, Mid-America Regional Council, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
- Communications Team Member, Local Investment Commission, Kansas City, Missouri, USA